Hi, I’m Tom, and I like making things better for people. As a user experience geek, I love to design great user experiences, so that I can make even more things, even better, for more people. As a project manager, I want to be in the thick of day to day decisions and tactics driving product momentum, enjoying the thrill of team owned success.
I’ve been making digital projects since 2001, with my ‘roots’ in designing dental brochure sites. Through a journey of e-commerce, print design, community sites, corporate sites, in-browser apps, marketing tools, video encoding software, and web services, I’ve filled in gaps from wireframes, use cases, flow analysis, and user testing to project/program and release management.
I enjoy and thrive in an environment where I get to work with designers, developers, and product stakeholders dedicated to making great things. Most of all, I enjoy digging into the details and finding solutions that make things right for the people that use the things we create.
Please take a look at some of the projects I’ve worked on, particularly this one featuring three case studies and another featuring two case studies.
- Started in web design, print design
- Began coding HTML/CSS, using Drupal, WordPress, other CMSs
- Took on increased responsibility as a program manager for interactive projects
- E-commerce, community sites, enterprise software
- Moved between project management and UX roles
- Comfortable fostering alignment between development, business, and design
- Strong at communication, presenting, facilitating discussion
- Passionate about delivering quality products designed to help users achieve their goals
- See linkedin.com/in/tomquick or view my resume for more details
- Technical Program Manager / Release Manager
- UX Manager
- Senior Project Manager
- Media Production Manager
- Web Manager
- Web Designer
Outside of Work (Personal) Stuff
- Musician, with eclectic tastes
- Active in community involvement, volunteering
- Father, husband, brother, son, uncle, friend
- Enjoys kayaking, canoeing, hiking
- Loves chocolate, butter, oatmeal
Contact me via LinkedIn, or write via: tom ‘at’ tomquick.com